Saturday, October 30, 2010

How To Make Arm Warmers Out Of Stockings

Hernandez, Miguel: Elegy


(In Orihuela, your people and mine, I have been dead
as
Ramon Ray Sijé, who both wanted)
.
.
.
I want to be crying the gardener
land you occupy and fertilize,
soul mate so early. Feeding

rain shells and bodies
my useless grief, the discouraged


poppies give your heart for food.
Grief bunches in my side that hurt
hurts to breath.

A hard smack, blow, ice cream,
invisible ax murderer, a brutal shove
has cut you down. No extension

bigger than my hurt, my sad and cry
spells
and feel your death more than my life. Ando

into stubble the dead, and no heat
anyone and without consolation
leave my heart to my business. Early death
up flight, earlier
up early in the morning, early
're rolling on the floor.

forgive not love death,
not forgive careless life,
not forgive the earth or nothing.

In my hands
raised a storm of stones, lightning and loud axes
disaster thirsty and hungry.

I dig the earth with my teeth, I set aside land
side to side with his teeth
dry and warm.

I look at the earth to find you and kiss your noble
skull and desamordazarte
and bring you back.

'll return to my garden and my fig tree by high scaffolding
flowers birding
your soul angelic beekeeper

of waxes and work.
'll return to the sound of the gates of lovers
farmers.

glad the shade of my eyebrows,
and your blood will go to each side contesting
your girlfriend and bees.

Your heart, and crumpled velvet,
a field called almond foam greedy
my lover's voice.

At winged souls of roses almond cream
requires you,
we need to talk of many things,
soul mate, partner.
..
.
(Spain, 1910/1942)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment